Sunday, January 9, 2011

It soothes me, the music that is; it soothes me and puts me in a trance. And for a moment, for three minutes and thirty-seven seconds, the world makes sense. I start to see things in a whole new perspective. I feel hope; I feel happiness, and I no longer feel alone. I close my eyes and picture a place. It's nighttime. The sky is clear and the stars shine brighter than usual. A soft blanket of snow covers the ground; it's beautiful. That's where I lay, there in the snow looking up at the night sky; yet, I do not feel the cold that surrounds me. Instead, I feel warmth, happiness, contentment. And then it starts to snow; those big white snowflakes begin to fall and land all around me. It couldn't be more perfect...

And then like magic, you appear there beside me. You squeeze my hand and put your head next to mine. Tears begin to build up. Slowly, and ever so gently, they begin to fall down the sides of my face. I smile and close my eyes. The music stops. My eyes open. And here I am once again, right back where I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment